Frederick N. Brier-3 wrote:

> Is the value you are setting it to a QName?  The SOAP 1.1 spec requires
> it to be a QName and CXF may reject setting the value if it is not.

Yes, I am creating QName and I don't think there is even any other option.
Just as I said in one of previous posts I am extending
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault class and using construtor in the
following way:
    public IndexResultSetFaultMessage(String faultInfo, String faultCode) {
        super(faultInfo, new QName(faultCode));
    }
I tried to specify custom QName prefix as well but it didn't affect the
faultCode sent by my service after throwing IndexResultSetFaultMessage
exception.
Am I missing something or there is no way to set custom faultCode?