Is it working for you now? I just added a system test testGetCDsJSON() in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/cxf/trunk/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxrs/JAXRSClientServerBookTest.java?view=log.
 In this test, a CDs object is returned to the client side in JSON format. The
CDs object contains a list of CD object. It works, not sure if this is similar
to what you want to achieve.

Cheers,
Jervis

Registered Number: 171387