* via http://theMezz.com/lists

* subscribe at http://techPolice.com

Woman pleads guilty to using police computer in a $3 million insurance scam

(New York-AP) -- A former police administrative aide used her N-Y-P-D computer to
cheat insurance companies out of millions of dollars. That's according to Queens
District Attorney Richard A. Brown, who says 30-year-old Belinda Lovander admitted to
the charges of enterprise corruption Tuesday. At a hearing in State Supreme Court,
Lovander said she wrote up fake accident reports while on duty at the 113th Precinct
station house in Jamaica, Queens. The reports helped her file for nine hundred
thousand dollars in fake medical bills and up to 3 million dollars in potential
liability. The mother of four faces up to 25 years in prison but is expected serve two
to six years. She was indicted with six other ringleaders in December after police
arrested 112 people in connection with the operation Three doctors have also been
charged with filing fake medical claims.

YOU SPEND TOO MUCH ON MONITORS MonitorsDirect saves I.T.
managers money by skipping two middlemen.  >>> Click here
to learn more, and get the free Monitor Field Guide.
http://click.topica.com/caaafJvb1dhr0b2EDp2f/MonitorsDirect

--via http://techPolice.com
archive: http://theMezz.com/cybercrime/archive
subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]