From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---------------------8<-------------------8<-------
"Anthony,
       I understand, from a discussion on a motoring newsgroup some time
ago, that the system known as Traffic Master which is allegedly used to
detect congestion on main roads has cameras which recognise number
plates.  Data is sent by radio to a central computer where average
speeds between cameras are calculated. This system means that the
registration marks and locations of vehicles on main roads are being
broadcast in real time. Big brother is here."