From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  I find that disturbing
> coming from a dealer.  (I presume......'Jackson rifles?)

This is a very dangerous statement. Why is the simple
stating of an opinion disturbing? We've been down this
potential path before.

>> No credible political party
subscribes to the theory and it will never appear on any
election manifesto
during the remainder of my life.

And a creadible political party would be???

>>It is held by a very small number of people. No matter
how honourably and
passionately those people hold the view, by very virtue of
the fact that
they are so committed to the viewpoint, they will never
ever be prepared to
countenance the moderate stance. They will remain,
hoewver, in the minority.
That fact is inescapable.

I don't know about this. There seems to be plenty of
support for people who shoot burglars.

Jonathan Laws
--
There was a classic from the NRA of America some years
ago, I think it was after some Labour MP criticised them

The NRA has nearly five million members now.  The
Labour Party has less than a million, if I recall
correctly.

It doesn't matter how many people hold this or that
view, it depends on how _strongly_ they hold it.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]