From:   "IG", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<I have difficulty reconciling the fact that whereas I put up
with all the BS connected with owning firearms legally the local drug
dealers get no hassle at all over their firearms or how they use them!>>

This is a common thread, so lets deal with it.
First of all, this is popular mythology that has come to be believed due to
repetition amongst people with axes to grind.
It is simply not true that drug dealers etc are allowed by the police to
carry firearms without penalty. Before you repeat this mythology, take the
time to do some research and find out the truth.