From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>What constitutes law abiding?
>Someone never convicted or someone never caught?

        Steve, & IG,

        Whatever happened to the idea of innocent
until proven guilty?

        Your comment above, IG, either demonstrates
your mind set, or the manner in which UK cops think
of their fellow citizens.

        In my little stint working as Security Police
in the US Navy, at Whidbey Isl. Naval Air Station, I came
across that same kind of mind set, several times, both
with the Security Police and the local cops and Sheriff
Deputies.
        It was a kind of 'me against them' thing that
operated in those minds 24/7. Nobody was innocent,
period. I was the outsider, and even more suspect than
most, because I refused to play that game. But then, I also
ran the Drug Detection unit . . .
        They had to pee for me. Not necessarily on
command, you understand <grin>.
        Hell, even the drug detection dogs were my
buddies, and their trainers played hell trying to make
them mind.  They would come to me before they went
to their trainer! Dogs are a good judge of character.

        In my book, if you ain't under arrest, or being
pursued, they you is as legal as legal can be. And no man
has any authority to cast doubt upon you without reason.

--
=*= Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.  =*=

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]