From:   "Alex Hamilton", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As for the slogans posted the other day, many of them hinge on the
concept
of firearms ownership for self defence and are therefore useless. We
need to
think for ourselves rather than try to borrow from the States on this
one.
It's a completely different issue. Why don't we try to think up great
banner
slogans instead of worrying about whether placards are going to get us
arrested or not?
____________________

Much as the idea of pistols for self defence is attractive to many and
desperately needed by a few, I think we must not use slogans demanding
pistols for self defence on the banners and placards.

The nation might be sympathetic towards claims for the restoration of an
internationally recognised sport, but demanding something that we lost
half a century ago would be seen as unreasonable and like trying to run
before being able to walk.  Such demands would diminish the effect of
the march and give the government a reason to discredit us on the
grounds that we are promoting gun culture.

If this march was to demand the government's action on the Law and Order
issue (lack of), then the self defence would fit in well, but it is not
part of countryside pursuits.

Alex

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.