From:   "Alex Hamilton", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was concerned too that at the last "Pistol AD" that there were a
number of
black people present also. One can most definitely "judge a book by its
cover"! Drug dealers and illegal "Yardies" seeking to buy "off-ticket
guns"
with money made from prostitution and false-passport rackets. It made my
flesh shiver to see their brown hands handling fine Smith & Wesson
pistols
and asking "How much".

I don't think they would be asking: "How much?", if they were drug
dealers, but you  can most certainly judge the book by its cover and
that's why the "comprehensively educated" do not read books!

I don't know whether you are serious, but I was shooting more than once
on the Gallery at Bisley and listened the conversations on the next
firing point.  "I bought this (a 1911) because it would flatten anybody
with one shot!" said one.  "But you only have seven in the magazine.  I
feel better with 15." replied the other.

"Definitely not in the Olympic class." I thought looking at their
targets, but very dangerous for the survival of the sport in the country
where target shooting was the only legal reason for owning pistols.

Alex
--
Actually I think Richard has a point Alex, for all you knew they
were talking about shooting steel plates.

I have to wonder whether your perception is colouring your views
because really I have never encountered the things you say you
have.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01