Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 08:17:44PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
>> Christopher Faylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>

>>> Why are we waiting for these libraries? Do they export variables or
>>> functions which rely on new 64 bit types?
>>

>> I haven't investigated that. It's just that they are listed in:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg07117.html
>

> I suspect that Chuck was a little overzealous in listing packages. As I
> have been saying (and saying, and saying...) there is no need to rebuild a
> package unless its interface has changed.

No, I was extremely overzealous -- and said so. I put EVERYTHING I was not sure of into category 5. I figured it was up to the maintainers, not me, to say "waitaminute, my package doesn't export any interfaces that changed..."

But I agree, there should probably be another category or subcategory, since none of the five I listed really work for this case.