Am 04.08.2020 um 22:34 schrieb Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps:
On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 15:46:13 +0200, Thomas Wolff
Am 04.08.2020 um 14:54 schrieb Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps:
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:24:11 +0200
From: Achim Gratz

Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin writes:
This is another patch, so that cygport shall make tarballs with
specified owner and group names.
Cygport patches should better go to cygwin-apps.  I've already sent a
patch that allows you to do the same thing some time ago, but it has
not been reviewed yet.

https://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git/commitdiff/c6af2ca23aae5da3e99c70cf2b704430b929f431

Nice.

Then, how about a commit following yours.
It is much less than obvious in that older patch that you can trick the
owner/group information into that option.
I'd appreciate a simple explicit option for that.
All right.

I've simplified options to Simplify options to CYGPORT_TAR_OPTS and
CYGPORT_TAR_EXT.

https://github.com/cygwin-lem/cygport/commit/5a502cc84b8db0b47eae8b3571d363d106e74160

This will work:

CYGPORT_TAR_OPTS="--owner=foo --group=bar" cygport baz.cygport package

And if you have tar >=1.31, these will also work:

CYGPORT_TAR_EXT=".tar.zst" cygport baz.cygport package

CYGPORT_TAR_OPTS="--owner=foo --group=bar" CYGPORT_TAR_EXT=".tar.zst" cygport
baz.cygport package
I'd like to suggest, additionally to an explicit option, to set user and group by default, as it is also a privacy issue to spread the packager's user name out to the world in the tar archive. In that case I'd use the project name (no version) for the user name and "cygwin" for the group name.
Thomas