On 2023-01-20 16:22, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 18:21:23 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
On 20/01/2023 15:20, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:00:45 +0100
Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 20.01.2023 um 11:34 schrieb Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps:
I would like to take over the maintenance of libsndfile
package which is currently orphanded. I have already
prepared the updated package at:
https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/libsndfile/

The archive appears to be empty.

This was originally empty.
https://www.cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/x86_64/release/libsndfile/

This is a historical packaging mistake (or dates back to when we had to
have an install package with the same name as the source package).
Please drop that install package, and make it obsoleted by libsndfile1,
instead.

Thanks for checking.
Do you mean, keep libsndfile1 and delete libsndfile,
or vice versa?

Presumably means to remove libsndfile from PKG_NAMES as it is no longer required by packaging tools and add:

        libsndfile1_OBSOLETES=libsndfile # no longer required by packaging tools

in libsndfile1 package stanza lines in libsndfile.cygport.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis                 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte                      Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter     not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer        but when there is no more to cut
                        -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry