On 30/03/2023 21:34, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 30/03/2023 20:49, Achim Gratz via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps writes:
On 26/03/2023 19:12, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:

Exchange the while loop using an iffy read construct to a for loop using a
temporary file.

I think this change from zero-delimited to whitespace means this will now fail to handle any filenames containing whitespace correctly?

This commentary doesn't clearly identify what is wrong with the usage of read here.

avoid filename collisions by using an
SHA256 hash of the full file name.

I think there is already a perfectly good, filesystem safe, computationally cheap unique identifier for each filename, which is it's ordinal number in the list of filenames we are examining.

'wait -f' seems to be new in bash 5.0. I assume this fails horribly on earlier bash versions. I'm ok with requiring that, but maybe we should check the bash version?

On the plus side, the testsuite passes! :)