Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I understood that, and was hinting that if you chose to make the
explanation simple & to the point - perhaps to someplace online where it's
discussed lucidly - you wouldn't have to exercise the keyboard so much.

A detailed write-up does not exist on the web. It would already exist if someone had time to write it. Nobody has had time yet. We always welcome contributions, since we have more than enough to do right now.

perhaps start by cut/paste from this thread

(though it's rather repetitive)

Right. It wouldn't be much of a start. :)

Harold