On 2021-08-10 08:20, David Dyck via Cygwin wrote:> On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:09 PM Brian Inglis wrote:
> [...]

You may also want to check your Windows Preview release docs, and
articles about it, for features such as address changes or randomization
(e.g. ASLR) being experimentally enabled on some % of systems, or
mandated, and applied to dlls, which will break Cygwin.

thank you, I'll try to dig into the Windows Preview notes - as this
doesn't happen on the work laptop

Apparently that Windows Version is for the Windows 11 Preview.
That appears to be an alpha quality product, from bug fix announcements.
I didn't find anything much useful from MS or articles only features.
You might want to reach out for help via the Windows Feedback Hub, and/or MS App Assure re compatibility if your org has 150+ licenses.