On 9/6/2021 1:38 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 9/6/2021 1:12 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 9/6/2021 11:32 AM, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin wrote:
On Sep  5 09:24, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 9/4/2021 8:04 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 9/4/2021 6:58 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
Here are the correct commits:

8169e39ab Cygwin: C++17: register keyword is deprecated
3ca80b360 Cygwin: dumper: fix up GCC pragma for g++ 11.2
bdb7991db Cygwin: workaround a g++ 11.2 initialization bug
801120c1f Cygwin: loader script: add DWARF 5 sections
d5cc66426 Cygwin: testsuite: avoid "conflicting types" gcc warning
c2fe205b5 strstr: avoid warnings
76c2c7a89 ldexp/ldexpf: avoid assembler warning
eeeb5650c Cygwin: fix declaration of RtlInitEmptyUnicodeString

So there appears to be something wrong with cygwin1.dll
built with the current build tools (gcc 11.2.0, binutils
2.37, not sure what else is relevant).

Wait a minute...I'll bet this is related to the MEM_EXTENDED_PARAMETER
initialization problem that was dealt with in commit bdb7991db.

More data: When I run the test case under gdb, it succeeds.  When I run it
under strace, I see VirtualAlloc2 in fhandler_dev_zero::mmap failing with
windows error 87.

Are the const's I added to the MEM_EXTENDED_PARAMETER data invalid,
perhaps?

I tried removing them, and I got the same error.  I also tried removing static, and I tried removing both static and const.

BTW, when I reported that the test case succeeds under gdb, that only happens when I build the test case without optimization.  If I build with -O2, it fails under gdb also.  [In all my tests, I built cygwin1.dll without optimization.] This makes no sense to me at all.

There can be a number of possibilities, but I wonder about a variable
uninitialized along some path.  By accident, the contents may have a
non-failing value with -O0 by the situation can be different for -O2.
If you're dealing with concurrency and such, then -O0 and -O2 can act
differently with respect to races.  Just some thoughts ...

Best - Eliot Moss