On Sep  6 13:38, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
> On 9/6/2021 1:12 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:

> > > Are the const's I added to the MEM_EXTENDED_PARAMETER data invalid,
> > > perhaps?
> >
> > I tried removing them, and I got the same error.  I also tried removing
> > static, and I tried removing both static and const.
>
> BTW, when I reported that the test case succeeds under gdb, that only
> happens when I build the test case without optimization.  If I build with
> -O2, it fails under gdb also.  [In all my tests, I built cygwin1.dll without
> optimization.] This makes no sense to me at all.

Good hint.  I found the culprit.  With optimization, the code doesn't
set the "Reserved" bits in the first struct of MEM_EXTENDED_PARAMETER
to 0.  This is at least required by the VirtualAlloc2 function, though.
Needless to say that this behaviour isn't documented...

I'll push a patch shortly.

Thanks,
Corinna