On 7/1/2022 6:11 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
Cygwin does not do this on a standard installation.  Is it something you've done

I did use the standard Setup and nothing else...  My $HOME looks fine, too:

$ cd
$ pwd
/home/ANTON
$ getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: ANTON
# group: None
user::rwx
group::---
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:other::r-x

The "group" and "other" entries are surprising (to me), but maybe that's not important. On my system I have:

$ cd

$ pwd
/home/kbrown

$ getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: kbrown
# group: None
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:other::r-x

Whatever is on drive G: was mostly also created by Cygwin -- I was just simply
moving stuff from
$HOME to there using tar (IIRC)...  Initially, it was a clean and empty NTFS
volume (brand new).
So it was something like:

$ mkdir /cygdrive/g/cygwin

At this point the permissions on /cygdrive/g/cygwin are influenced by the ACL on /cygdrive/g. What I would typically do in this situation is

  getfacl ~ | setfacl -f - /cygdrive/g/cygwin

That way I'm sure I won't have any surprises with permissions when working in /cygdrive/g/cygwin. Do you want to try that and see if it makes a difference?

Ken