On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Surely not - in a torus you have loops of nodes, whereas here we have
> each node directly connected to 99 others in each segment. It may be a
> bit like a torus, but it isn't one. Spose it might be a set of
> interconnected 100-dimensional toruses (my head hurts).

Hmmmm, I was thinking (multi-dimensional) chain mail w/ 'hinges'. each
'ring' was 100 nodes, and each node was a member of so many other rings
(the hinges), ring members could only be so 'close' to other ring nodes
with respect to who could be their next ring, sort of...a 'ring foam'
geometry.

I'm sticking with the Sea Urchins myself.

                 There is less in this than meets the eye.

                                     Tellulah Bankhead
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                         www.ssz.com
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          www.open-forge.org