--
On 31 Mar 2002 at 10:03, Tim May wrote:
> And so now PGP (or GPG) use is utterly balkanized, utterly
> useless.
>
> [...]
>
> Is there a solution? I would think that a "keep it simple,
> stupid" strategy is needed: Forget the hooks into popular
> mailers (Eudora, Outlook, Entourage), forget the "OS X versions
> of GPG," forget the Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, Windows XP, etc.
> versions.

If PGP options have grown beyond human comprehension, perhaps
everyone could use my software, which is as simple as you can get
with a windows interface.

http://www.echeque.com/Kong

However, I predict that most people will wind up using RFC2440
(OpenPGP) compliant code.

An RFC and source code is far from "utter balkanization" and utter
uselessness.

In due course, the best standard will win.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     uR++DP8NV5KuKFCaDraZEp6VTZQcmTqZI5aotgTD
     4KXzf6dt2b3+U2MX665Iy8h+EFpHj6Vw0HKjMhvoy