On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Anonymous wrote:

> Interesting approach. But exactly how does that hinder the FBI
> demanding a booksellers customer list, or a library's patron
> check out record, or a black bag job on a personal computer, or
> thousands of CALEA taps, or the Total Information Awareness
> project, or the process of designating a US citizen as an enemy
> combatant, or the suspension of habeas corpus, etc.
>
> I was not aware that simple management of my own eyeballs could
> have such dramatic, widespread, external effects on gangs of
> thugs with guns and high tech surveillance gear all carrying a
> "do-whatever-you-like, get-out-of-jail-free card from the US
> Congress, and essentially no oversight. Is this kind of like
> mind control, or what?

All represive regiemes are short lived in a historical context.
Living thru them is hell.  This one has already begun a rather
interesting hypocrisy - they say they support gun ownership, but
they have no problem with letting the courts say the opposite.
So far they are picking their targets small enough that the masses
aren't actually worried that they will be next.  But to take total
control, they will have to scare the masses in a more effective way.
And it's unlikely that "they" will be able to scare them into
giving up weapons.  And that's the point of an armed citizenry,
to overthrow represive regiems.

When we can't vote, we can fight.  So far the number of horror
stories is small.  But when everyone has a personal friend or
relative that's been shot, abused, tortured or even just roughed
up - then they'll know they might be next.  And they might vote to change
things.  So from a purely machivellian perspective, the faster
"they" become more repressive and the more people "they" harm,
the faster things will change.

We just have a few years of hell to go thru, that's all.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike