On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Sarad AV wrote:

> Firstly,they cannot be exterminated.There is no proof
> of identity as we may have in our countries and no
> body will ask for it either,since most don't have one.
> The Taliban would have cut their beard and hair and
> mixed up with civilian population,while troops can go
> searching for orthodox civilians with a taliban
> look,making it hard to hunt them down.Once/if the
> international troops leave afghan,there are over
> hundred factions,who will keep fighting among
> themselves for 'land' and the taliban will be back.

I think that's 100% correct.  The US's only chance is to
build real roads, real schools and real hospitals that
actually help the majority of people.  Then the talib's
(as they called themselves in the 1800's) will have far
less clout to deal with.  As it is now, they can point
to all the 3 year olds we kill and create more soldiers
with suicidal ability.  The US government is a pack
of morons.  Until the majority of people actually figures
that out, they'll pretty much have free reign to continue
their amazing stupidity.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike