At 06:23 PM 1/29/2003 -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:36:20PM -0800, Mike Rosing wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>
> > Although canola oil is a much better source for fuel. And diesels a much
> > better IC engine for hybrids. Even in non-hybrids, VW builds some pretty nice
> > diesel cars, including the Lupo, on the market for a couple years now, which
> > gets 80mpg. And the prototype that VW's CEO drives around in that gets 280mpg.
>
> From
> http://www.used-volkswagen-cars.co.uk/volkswagenlupo.htm:
>
> "As befits a small car, the cheapest models come with a 1.0-litre engine
> that is decent enough, though finds it hard going on the motorway."

Hard going on the motorway? It cruises at 80mph. And as much as I love riding
bicycles, even in Winter, the Lupo certainly has a lot more practical uses than
a bike. Even neater is their new one tho --
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/index_1L.html

It too will do 75mph -- fast enough for the likes of me. At 239mpg. What's
that saying about muscle cars? Something about the size of their motors is an
inverse ratio to the size of their dicks?
If they intend to sell thin in the US they would be advised to have one 3 wheels instead of an apparent 4. In many states (incl. California) 3-wheeled vehicles are considered motorcycles and get to use the "diamond" lanes even when occupied by a single passenger.

steve