"Does it mean that such observations are invalid just because Marx
predicted them?"

Good point. And also, just because someone points out that it looks like Marx's predictions may be coming true, it doesn't mean that that person believes this is desirable.

-TD

From: Thomas Shaddack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "James A. Donald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Give cheese to france?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:04:11 +0100 (CET)

> Comie fantasy.
> That theory is Marx's "monopoly capitalism".  Commies have been
> loudly announcing Marx's prophecies to be coming true, even
> though after 1910 they no longer took the prophecies seriously
> themselves.

Open your eyes and look around yourself. Take any bigger, established
market - news, radio, TV stations, retail chains are the first examples
coming to my mind - take its top 80-90%, and count the number of players
there. Do the same with the situation 10, 20, and 30 years ago. You will
see the number of players is dramatically diminishing. The news
announcements of high-profile mergers and acquisitions can be another clue
for you.