> But let's cut to the chase. Assume that all private grocery
> store owners want to exclude people from their stores. Now
> assume that 100% of them agree that effective Tuesday, only
> those people who have a receipt for a $100 or more donation to
> George W Bush (or Hillary Clinton, whatever) may enter their
> property to shop for groceries.
>
> Their right? Why not?
> \
>
> Yes, of course it is their "right."
>
> But these silly "lifeboat ethics" debates were tiresome more than 30 years ago,
> argued in person. Typing answers to them is even more tiresome.

That's not what it was.

> Read some of the sources. Few of you social democrats here have done so.

Maybe you could re read Locke's first and second treatise. Can't
hurt.

> Which is OK, as it's your life. But you don't belong on this list if you have not.

I assume if I refuse to leave, I can expect you to shoot me?

I take it you favor the bearing of arms by citizens. I do too,
severely. But I submit for your consideration that 10,000
screaming Sarah Bradys can't damage the too-tentative support of
those rights as effectively as one gun-nut loon who advocates
shooting unarmed, non-violent soccer moms at the mall who refuse
to be expelled on trespassing grounds due to the war protests
printed on their t-shirts.