> About the threat to Washington: I think it's relatively high. A
> nerve gas attack on buildings or the Metro seems likely. (The
> Japanese AUM cult had Sarin, but was inept. A more capable,
> military-trained operative has had many months to get into D.C. and
> wait for the obvious time to attack. And he need not even be a
> suicide bomber. A cannister of VX with a reliable timer is child's
> play.
Chemical weapons are legally dodgy - but under the Bush Doctorine,
saddam could blow huge civilian areas of Washington away with missles,
and just call it a "shock and awe" demonstration against a country that
might attack it and that is known to have all three forms of WMD. I
mean, that's reasonable isn't it? bush said it was....