On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Ken Brown wrote:

> It looks like they were blocked in the USA (or else suffered reallly
> badly from hacking) and have maybe re-established the service in the
> Land of Freedom.
>
> aljazeera.net, www.aljazeera.net, and english.aljazeera.net all give me
> 213.30.180.219

All of that is blocked in the US.

> I can browse it, it gives me a page in Arabic, which is not one of my
> language. The source code & URLs are in Latin script of course so I can
> just about navigate.
>
> http://www.aljazeera.net/Cartoons/index.asp?cu_NO=1&Temp_id=197  has
> some cartoons which are quite good
>
> Take a look at
> http://www.aljazeera.net/Cartoons/index.asp?cu_NO=1&Temp_ID=197&Index=3
> I do not think any COW-friendly hackers would be publishing it - it
> shows some starving kids hoping that the invaders are bringing them food
> but getting blown apart by a bomb.

Which is why the US can't get it of course!  That it's blocked here
is good proof the US government is really pretty sick.  Can you forward
some of the best ones?  I can put them on a US server and see how long
it takes before that goes down :-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike