At 07:53 PM 3/27/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> It's definitly jammed in the US.  I get "503 - out of resources error".
> Maybe you guys can set up a mirror that isn't jammed and the US can see it
> that way (at least until the feds catch wind of it).

At this moment, http://english.aljazeera.net/ shows some domain
registration page with the text "This Page has Been Taken Over By Saimoon
Bhuiyan". The original server of aljazeera.net was IIS/5.0, the current
server is Apache/1.3.26, the hostname resolves to 216.34.94.186.

It would be nice to have one alternative distribution channel for the news
there, optimally with cooperation of their editors themselves (if they
send the files to a mailinglist together with uploading it to the web, it
eliminates the phase of fishing the data from an overloaded and
permanently hacked machine).

This is what Freenet is for. Propagation times are sufficiently quick for hourly or so updates, etc.

steve