> This really is infowar, and I suspect the US government is the hacker.

I entirely forgot about another, already-existing, infrastructure: P2P
networks!

Freenet, Gnutella, Kazaa, WinMX, lots and lots of napsteroids.

Get the files - images, webpages, whatever you have, package them into
suitably-sized files (if the size is too big, split the files to Basic and
Advanced sets, separating essential data from accessory eye-candy), upload
them to the Net.

These networks are already hardened by the ongoing battles with the
Copyright Enforcement Industry; it'll be interesting to see how their
massiveyl distributed infrastructure will cope in the duel with the
Propaganda Enforcement Forces.