On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 11:14:56AM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 09:35  AM, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 09:01:56AM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> >>Those who handcuff themselves to gates, to trees, inside PVC pipes,
> >>whatever....
> >>
> >>...should simply be left that way. Their screams for water, for
> >>release, and then eventually their dying moans, could be broadcast on
> >>the Internet. Maybe even a video feed of one of the perps trying to
> >>gnaw his own hand off.
> >>
> >>I came to this realization when a pair of demonstrators chained
> >>themselves to a gate at a lumber company in Northern California. "You
> >>made your bed, now you can lie in it."
> >>

> >   Actually, they always have support people to bring them food and
> >water. No
> >problem. It's a fairly effective tactic.
> >

> You misunderstand completely. Two words:
>
> "Private Property."
>
> If Randy Redwood and Sally Sprucetree chain themselves to my property,
> I don't have to let "support people" enter my property, my office, my
> facilities.

   No, I think it's you who is misunderstanding. What private property? The
demos he was talking about originally were on public property, downtown
NYC. And, for that matter, the vast majority of EarthFirst! actions are on
public property, like the Nat'l Forests.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix

hoka hey!