On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 09:35 AM, Harmon Seaver wrote:

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 09:01:56AM -0800, Tim May wrote:
Those who handcuff themselves to gates, to trees, inside PVC pipes,
whatever....

...should simply be left that way. Their screams for water, for
release, and then eventually their dying moans, could be broadcast on
the Internet. Maybe even a video feed of one of the perps trying to
gnaw his own hand off.

I came to this realization when a pair of demonstrators chained
themselves to a gate at a lumber company in Northern California. "You
made your bed, now you can lie in it."

Actually, they always have support people to bring them food and water. No
problem. It's a fairly effective tactic.

You misunderstand completely. Two words:

"Private Property."

If Randy Redwood and Sally Sprucetree chain themselves to my property, I don't have to let "support people" enter my property, my office, my facilities.

--Tim May