At 11:13 PM -0800 2/7/00, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 02/07/00
>   at 03:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Igor Chudov @ home) said:
>
>>I will close it next week. Nothing political, I have enough traffic on
>>the computer that handles it and the 200 MHZ CPU is not up to the task.
>>Something had to go.
>
>>It was pleasant to help keep this list running. Perhaps one day I will
>>co-host the list too.
>
>>So, everyone, please subscribe to another list, such as, for instance,
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Looks like the paint is being laid down and we are being chased into a corner.

Cyberpass.net vanished a few weeks ago, with no explanation. Algebra.com is
about to vanish. Toad.com is of course unacceptable because of past
censorship and because John Gilmore announced that he was eventually going
to discontinue its use for Cypherpunks.

Which leaves Choate's SSZ, which I won't use on general principles.

Looks like when Igor pulls the plug on Algebra I'm gone, too.

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Last one out, turn off the lights.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.