In <v03130305b4c578779c09@[207.111.241.118]>, on 02/08/00
   at 02:43 AM, Tim May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>At 11:13 PM -0800 2/7/00, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 02/07/00
>>   at 03:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Igor Chudov @ home) said:
>>
>>>I will close it next week. Nothing political, I have enough traffic on
>>>the computer that handles it and the 200 MHZ CPU is not up to the task.
>>>Something had to go.
>>
>>>It was pleasant to help keep this list running. Perhaps one day I will
>>>co-host the list too.
>>
>>>So, everyone, please subscribe to another list, such as, for instance,
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Looks like the paint is being laid down and we are being chased into a
>corner.

>Cyberpass.net vanished a few weeks ago, with no explanation. Algebra.com
>is about to vanish. Toad.com is of course unacceptable because of past
>censorship and because John Gilmore announced that he was eventually
>going to discontinue its use for Cypherpunks.

>Which leaves Choate's SSZ, which I won't use on general principles.

>Looks like when Igor pulls the plug on Algebra I'm gone, too.

>Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

>Last one out, turn off the lights.

cyberpass.net is still up and running. Don't know what happend to them but
it seems like a portion of the subscribers became unsubscribed. I don't
know if this was caused by a system crash or a file becoming corrupted. I
re-subscribed to the list last night and am receiving mail from the node.

There are currently 5 nodes in operation:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

which will be leaving us shortly.

Not really the end of the world here. I have been subscribed to all 5
lists since each one started and they all have been reasonably reliable
for a high volume list.

Even if you don't want to subscribe to ssz.com that still leaves you 3
others or if nothing else you could always start your own node to take up
the slack.

William H. Geiger III                    http://www.openpgp.net
Geiger Consulting

Data Security & Cryptology Consulting