Reese wrote:

> I didn't bother to check - I delete any and all cookies, at regular and
> frequent intervals,,,

        I used to run a nightly cron job that deleted my cookies, but that
presents a different problem --  such as deleting the mp3.com cookies means
that I have to re-register every time I go there, which sometimes is daily.
Likewise deleting the amazon cookies means that the the partial orders in my
shopping cart disappear.  Neither is a big deal, I guess, but annoying.
         One other thing on the doubleclick optout page -- after you get your
cookie "fixed", it has a button that says "Close Window".  Clicking on this
starts a java applet on my machine which crashes Netscape -- anybody know what
this is about? Obviously, "close window" is a trojan something -- they don't
need to run an applet on my machine to close a window on their website.