At 04:06 PM 2/13/00 -1000, Reese wrote:
> >Active clothing, accessories, and "makeup" defeats camera and other
> >surveillance systems.  Not a real problem.
>
>there was discussion, in this forum (cypherpunk list), of cameras that
>would see not only human visible wavelenths - but other wavelenths as well,
>such that blood vessel patterns in the head (or other extremities)
>could/would be imaged and referenced, for ID purposes.
>
>Makeup, clothing and "accessories" do not defeat this.
>
>Gee, Duncan, are you truly this shallow and transparent?

When I say "active" I mean active.  Obviously clothing made from material
capable of displaying images is already current technology.  It should be
trivial to get costuming that will kick out a broad spectrum.  Shape
changing and disguising as well of course.  Since such attire will no doubt
be popular with "young people" in any case, so there will be many
opportunities to blend into the crowd.  DNA sniffers can likewise be
defeated by giving off a "soup" of multi source DNA replicants.  Obviously,
too, your critical meetings can occur in VR spaces from which the
authorities are mathematically excluded.

DCF
----
"Can it ever be moral for a group to do that which is immoral for a member
of that group to do?"  -- Robert Anson Heinlein