LOL! The reason why the current eCash software uses 768 bit RSA and 3DES is
because that's what the original Ecash software used. You know, that
software that didn't meet market demand even back in 1995? (The software's
failure to meet market demand was unrelated to the crypto that was used. And
FYI, the 768 bit RSA was used for performance reasons). Which gets us to why
the current software use the same algorithms as the software from 5 years
ago: because it is essentially the same software.

What I don't fully understand is why the contents of a 5 year old press
release with minor changes in capitalization are now considered news. What
am I missing?

Thanks,
--Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>