At 12:04 AM -0500 on 2/17/00, Lucky Green wrote:

> What I don't fully understand is why the contents of a 5 year old press
> release with minor changes in capitalization are now considered news.

Because *they* think it's news? :-).

Naaawwww... That's not nice. They bought the blind signature patent fair
and square, it's now theirs, and they can do anything they want with it.
That, folks is a fact on the ground, and there's not much anyone can do
about it by caterwalling, any more than caterwalling about the previous
owners got us anywhere. At least they're not, as someone said recently,
letting it gather dust. For what they paid for majority control of the
company, the valuation that price places on the company, and the expected
value of that investment in today's hot internet market, I should hope not.

If they paid $8 Million to buy 51% of Digicash, that means that the
valuation of the company is, say, 16 million, and they probably want to
double that, so their desired present value, exclusive of any other work
they have to do, is, say, $40 million.

So, frankly, I expect that they're starting where they were because that's
where they *are* right now, and, frankly starting up the bilge pumps to
keep the intellectual property ship afloat is probably okay, as long as
they're making reasonable progress towards a port somewhere.

That said, the most important thing to *me*, and others like me :-), about
the website is that they think that WAP is where they think they're going
to make their money, and not on the actual internet itself. For obvious
reasons, :-), I think this is a mistake, but that's neither here nor there,
as long as somebody does it.

Obviously, most of us look to licensing as the only way for progress to
happen on actually reducing the blind signature patent to practice, and
there is, apparently, some receptivity to this on ecash Technology's part.
Fairly soon, a several of us will be making our own attemmpts to reduce
that particular idea to practice, as well.

Cheers,
RAH
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA