At 10:56 AM 4/30/2001 -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:24:09PM -0700, Steve Schear wrote:
> > What if the sysadmin is intentionally located in an offshore location so
> > that they cannot be kept from notifying all users of the logging order?
>
>Then we pass a "cybercrime" treaty to require them to follow U.S. laws.

Ahhh, but who is the "them"?  My understanding is that under state and
Federal law only executives and those with signature authority can be held
criminally responsible for their actions.  U.S. corporations can be created
and administered solely by non-residents (only an in-state legal service
point is generally required.).  Nevada corporations can be held in bearer
form shielding beneficial owners.

steve