On Tue, 1 May 2001, David Honig wrote:

>Is it in fact a crime of fraud to advertise that you don't keep logs
>when in fact you do?

If someone winds up losing money (or suffering other damages)
because of it, it is at least a tort.  If you were planning
some kind of money-making scam that hinged on the deception,
I'm pretty sure it would be fraud as well.

I wonder whether evidence from logfiles could be excluded in
a court case on the grounds that the logfiles were collected
under false pretenses?  *That* would be a laugh riot...

        (I am not a lawyer, nor studying to become one -
         these are just my opinions.)

                                Bear