On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Jei wrote:

> I've been on cpunks lists for years. The one before this got 100 spam
> e-mails per day, and I don't mean news articles that people forwarded.
>
> Frankly, I don't see why people are so soft-skinned about the topic.
> The whole concept is fuzzy at best and until our list gets some kind
> of automatic "on topicity" calculator, I don't see how we're ever going
> to be "on topic" as per list definition.
>
> Someone write us a Neural Network / SOM filter that does this?
> Perhaps the list administrator/archiver can select "on topic"
> messages for a training set? :-)

You've been on the list years and still don't grasp that there are
MULTIPLE node operators. The ONLY part of the CDR that is unfiltered (at
least per se) is the backbone. Each node operator can institute whatever
sort of policy they desire localy.

I find it of interest that the majority of folks who bitch about this
point are the ones pushing CACL agendas. Agendas that purportedly push
individual freedom over communcal conformity. and 'purportedly' is the
operable term there. Here they are with the perfect example of a
semi-working anarchy and they spend their time trying to homogenize and
centralize it. Truly hilarious.

                James Choate - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.ssz.com