>[1] this isn't true of the other lists that I run.... some of which have
>been around for many years, and get very little spam.  I think that
>it's pretty obvious that one or more people are luring spam to cpunks
>in order to discourage the discussions that happen here.

This has been obvious for months - I'd say 5-6 months. Running a correlation test
against new fed agencies or employees may narrow the circle of possible culprits.

I wonder, what is it like to get paid by the government to spam. I have seen some
professional commercial spammers - that's generally the predatory species with no
regard for other's comfort. Things no one would hesitate to terminate (provided
reasonable escape route.) Now, doing this not for the self interest but for the
government reminds me of the psychopath thread.

Could it be that there is a subspecies genetically adapted to work for the government
? There is a very strong evolutionary pressure here - they would get more chance to
procreate than their victims.

Which brings me to the point: is it possible to design an ebola-like virus that would
specifically target this particular gene fingerprint ?