> Tim May[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>

> Being away from the Net for nearly 24 hours, I wondered why I was
> getting 90 e-mails downloading, but only about 16 messages in my
> "Cypherpunks" filtered mailbox. So I looked at what the cat drug in:
>
> -- 29 messages from Choate, the usual forwarded Slashdot, kuroshin, CNN,
> Register articles
>
> (doesn't even count about 6-8 messages he sent earlier yesterday...I'm
> only counting since I was last on the Net!)
>
> -- 22 messages from MattX/proffr/whackamole
>
> (ditto, he sent some earlier messages as well)
>
> So, it looks like in the race to swamp the list with junk, Choate is a
> hair ahead of the other pinhead.
>
> I know Choate is a strange character, but what does he think is being
> accomplished by sending 25-35 forwarded items to the list in a single
> day?

Jim's actually improved quite a bit - at least he no longer includes the
entire HTML page as an attachment. At this point, two things would be
nice:

1. To hold his enthusiasm in check long enough to gather up a whole
day's references, and bundle them into one message.

2. Give a single sentence description as to why each link is worth
the trouble.

mattd has actually improved slightly as well - some of his messages
are actually on-topic, and reference other's postings appropriately.
It's been a full week since he's called for my violent death. However, he
is still using the list as a private archiving service.

Peter