INSIGHT NEWS ALERT!

New stories from Insight on the News are now online.

http://www.insightmag.com/

          Folks, tomorrow is election day. It’s impossible to talk about the
merits of American democracy and freedom – expressed by people like you, who use
their right to vote – without lapsing into some kind of cliché. So I won’t ask
you to look at Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, China, Syria – or
every other unpleasant place to exist in the world. And I won’t ask you what the
difference is between there and here. That would be trite. Just vote tomorrow!
You already know why.

          And speaking of the election, we’ve got some dandy stories posted on
the subject today. Scott Wheeler’s expose of how a bunch of Washington political
types commandeered an Air Force transport without authorization got a lot of
attention. http://www.insightmag.com/news/311012.html And Jennifer Hickey has
answered a lot of fascinating questions about why Walter Mondale decided to
become “undead” – just in time for Halloween.
http://www.insightmag.com/news/312890.html These along with some sterling
reporting on Saddam, Iran, al-Qaeda, and the rest. Just look below. That’s it
for today. Until next time, I’m still in the Bunker, and I remain your newsman
in Washington.

AL-QAEDA FINDS A FRIEND IN IRAN

Martin Arostegui reports that Iran continues to provide a western haven for al-
Qaeda terrorists fleeing Afghanistan, even as the U.S. military attempts to cut
off southern escape routes to Pakistan

 http://www.insightmag.com/news/308366.html

CAN A WIMP DISARM SADDAM?

Peter Ahlmark writes that war and peace depends on Hans Blix, a man repeatedly
duped by the Iraqi regime.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/312294.html

FOR THE RIGHT KIND OF ELECTION NIGHT COVERAGE

StopDemocrats.com

Why watch Dan, Peter, or Tom tip a race on election night? Go to our website and
get the kind of coverage you need. We’re tracking every race and story – and
watching out for the good guys. Our Online Radio broadcast starts at 8:00 sharp
on November 5. And you can visit and track the big stories any time. See you
election night!

http://www.StopDemocrats.com

MAKING HAY OFF PAUL WELLSTONE

Jennifer Hickey writes that the Minnesota senator's passing was observed with
unseemly bickering, not deserved respect.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/311045.html

MONDALE – BLASTING IN FROM THE PAST

Jennifer Hickey says the world has changed, but has Walter Mondale?

http://www.insightmag.com/news/312890.html

THE COLOR OF VOTES

Jennifer Hickey tells us that a new survey shows the black vote is more complex
than typically portrayed.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/312669.html

WINNING THE ECONOMIC WAR ON TERROR

Michael Waller tells us that Ronald Reagan personally crafted a security-minded
economic strategy that toppled the Soviet Union – a blueprint George W. Bush
could use to defeat terrorists.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/307121.html

-- E.D.P., Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

‘INSIGHT’ -- DISCOVER US FOR YOURSELF