INSIGHT NEWS ALERT!

A new issue of Insight on the News is now online.

http://www.insightmag.com/

Folks, welcome to our insider post-election issue. The Republicans have broken
the Democrats’ right flank, and are sending them into pell-mell retreat -- for
now. Recent Republican history shows us when the GOP appears the strongest, they
begin their complacent decline. Remember Bush Sr. after Desert Storm? He looked
so invincible that no credible Democrat stepped forward to challenge him. Yet
that was the very moment a fresh politician with political vision decided to
take him on. You know the rest.

I guarantee you that right now, there’s a fresh Democrat face calculating the
odds, and zeroing in on the Republicans’ very-real political vulnerabilities.
Watch for him (her?). You’ll find out about him in Insight first! Maybe you
already have.

We have a lot of worthwhile reading for you this week. I call your special
attention to Jennifer Hickey’s (yes, she’s done it again) penetrating piece on
the new ways the establishment media managed to take sides this time.
http://www.insightmag.com/news/319141.html And Scott Wheeler reports on the
disarray of House Democrats – and how some may be ready to cross over the aisle.
http://www.insightmag.com/news/319188.html That’s it for now. There’s rich
election reading below, and I don’t want to take any more of your time. Until
next time then, from the Bunker, I remain your newsman in Washington.

THE MEDIA LOSES AGAIN

Jennifer Hickey reports that though the GOP made monumental gains in state
legislatures, the national media received the election returns with hysterical
rather than historical analysis.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/319141.html

MESSAGE RECEIVED

John Berlau writes that while Democrats tried to shrug off recapture of the
Senate leadership by the GOP, victory was won by the Republican 'ground war'.
The GOP also sent a clear message that the Democrat-controlled Senate had
obstructed Bush policy. The result? A voter rally behind the president.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/319115.html

MORE KIND WORDS ABOUT ‘INSIGHT’ MAGAZINE

“(’INSIGHT’ WRITER) JOHN BERLAU NEEDS ALL THE HELP he can get from the Almighty
since he has managed to get on the wrong side of (IRS Director) Rossotti.
‘Insight’ is the only place the light of truth shines like this, so our prayers
are always with you and everyone on the staff.”

-- P.&R.T., Los Angeles, California

‘INSIGHT’ -- DISCOVER US FOR YOURSELF

https://www.collegepublisher.com/insightsub/subform1.cfm

HOUSE REPUBLICANS – SMALL EXPECTATIONS, GREAT RESULTS

Scott Wheeler tells us that the GOP surprised many analysts by adding to its
majority in the House of Representatives, and there are rumblings that
Democratic defections may follow suit.
http://www.insightmag.com/news/319188.html

GOP WINS THE TRIPLE CROWN

Sheila Cherry writes that Republicans celebrate control of the White House, both
houses of Congress and a majority of the nation's state executive offices after
winning close electoral decisions. http://www.insightmag.com/news/319207.html

THE POTENCY OF THE ‘BUSH FACTOR’

Jamie Dettmer tells us that for the Democrats the midterm elections weren't just
bad, they were disastrous — and now the party has to do some deep thinking about
how to approach the 2004 presidential race at a time when it has a lackluster
list of possible contenders. http://www.insightmag.com/news/319157.html

A LETTER FROM THE EDITOR

Paul Rodriguez writes that it is not classes of people but individuals, with
whom decent people must have dialogue. To do so, as President George W. Bush
often says, requires putting aside demagogy and hatred.
http://www.insightmag.com/news/319332.html

OWN KATHERINE HARRIS’ BOOK

               ‘CENTER OF THE STORM’

Get the inside story on the Bush/Gore Florida election fiasco – from the woman
at the center of the controversy!

http://www.shopnetdaily.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1001