On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:22:09AM -0800, Eric Cordian wrote:
> Sunder writes:
>
> > Should war in the Gulf commence, the Pentagon proposes to take
> > radical new steps in media relations - 'unauthorised' journalists will be
> > shot at. Speaking on The Sunday Show on Ireland's RTE1 last sunday
veteran
> > war reporter Kate Adie said she had been warned by a senior Pentagon
> > official that uplinks, i.e. TV broadcasts or satellite phones, that are
> > detected by US aircraft are likely to be fired on.
>
> This is nothing new.  Radio and TV stations and other "unauthorized"
> sources of information are always first on the target list whenever the US
> starts a war.

But its still a violation of the geneva conventions to kill civilians,
lets not forget. Just like in Serbia...

http://www.balkanpeace.org/lan/lan03.shtml

Our government is just full of war criminals. Thus their refusal to be
in the ICC founding in the Hague this week.

> I think the Pentagon spokeshomo put it this way.  "Propaganda outlets ARE
> military targets."  Propaganda being anything not released by the
> Pentagon, of course.

of course.

> Have you seen this lovely new media room in Qatar that Hollywood is
> building as a set for Iraq war briefings?
>
>   <"In front of the stage, two 70-inch projection screens and five
>    50-inch plasma screens will flash maps, graphics and crystal-clear
>    video images of war-zone action. In the background will hang a
>    soft-focus elongated map of the world, as if to imply that the
>    entire globe is united behind the United States.>
>
>   <"I like to achieve a level of detail that makes it difficult to
>    distinguish a set from reality," Mr. Allison recently told the
>    Times Union newspaper in Albany, N.Y.>

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/gtnews/TGAM/20030312/UTVTV

i hadn't heard about that. thanks. makes the bile rise in my throat.

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and
you are out there."
- Yasutani Roshi

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]