This has now happened - Terry Lloyd one, of Britain's better-known
reporters,  seems to have been killed by US marines. According to the
cameraman he was picked up by Iraqi ambulance, so its a fair bet they
weren't embedded in the COW (thanks for the acronym, Tim)

http://www.itv.com/news/236548.html