'Gabriel Rocha' wrote:

> it is around 1130, local time, Geneva, Switzerland and
> http://www.aljazeera.net/ is working just fine. (well, it might be a
> fake, but not having ever seen the original, I don't know)

It looks like over here in Europe we're getting DNS to aljazeera.net
pointing to a French site.  I don't know if that would have been the
case a few days ago.

http://www.cursor.org/aljazeera.htm  has pointers to news items claiming
that:

"Launch of English website delayed until mid-April
Doha - Waves of spam kept Al-Jazeera's website down for a third day on
Thursday and officials at the satellite channel said it was coming from
US e- mailers apparently angry over its coverage of the Iraqi war.
The Qatar-based network, which has broadcast graphic footage of dead US
and British soldiers, also said it would now have to delay the
introduction of an English-language site for several weeks due to the
barrage of spam, or junk electronic mail.
"English.aljazeera.net will not be launched until mid-April," online
editor-in-chief Abdel Aziz Al-Mahmud told AFP."

Which, if true (could be COW-a-ganda)  means AJ are victims of
successful DoS.

Maybe someone should tell them about Spam Assassin.

aljazeera.com.qa gives me  64.70.250.49  which ARIN assign to cybergate
in Florida.   Last stages of traceroute are:

Nuts! That has a website pointing to "Al-Jazeera Islamic Bank"

For all I know Al-Jazeera may be the Qatari equivalent of Acme and Ace
in Roadrunner cartoons. Default corporate brand name.