On Nov 20, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Ruben and Yvonne Baumann wrote:

> Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I thought Web Update would update
> dabo based on revision number.  When I click on the Web Update
> "Check Now" button to see if there are any updates, it tells me
> there are no updates available, yet the latest commit (based on
> dabo-dev) is ~3720.
>
>   Is there a problem with Web Update, or do I need to get the
> latest updates via subversion?  A single button click sure seems a
> lot easier.

        You're almost correct. One of the problems with using the latest
Subversion release (besides requiring that Subversion be installed)
is that some changes may be committed that have not been fully tested
yet. If you were to update to those revisions, chances are you could
start getting errors that previously didn't exist in your apps.

        So what we do is once a set of changes has been sufficiently tested
so that we feel that the chance of causing problems is fairly small,
that revision is marked as the current Web Update revision. This way,
updating is not only fast and easy, but safe.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com