On Nov 20, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Ruben and Yvonne Baumann wrote:

>   Just reviewed an earlier post by Paul that said you guys were
> going to try and get point releases out every 4-5 weeks.  Are you
> still on schedule for 8.3 in that regard?

        Paul would be the one to comment on that. He handles all the point
releases.

>   Also, I vaguely recall seeing a post that if I _did_ update with
> subversion, that Web Update would no longer work? or am I confused.

        It makes no sense to use both, and can cause problems. If you use
both, and then update via Web Update, Subversion doesn't know about
this update and simply sees them as modified files, and may mark them
as conflicted the next time you go to update. Also, it's internal
revision counter will be out of sync with the framework revision file.

        The rule of thumb is:

a) If you are developing Dabo itself, you should use Subversion.
b) If you just like having the bleeding edge code, use Subversion.
c) Otherwise, use Web Update.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com