> On Nov 20, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Ruben and Yvonne Baumann wrote:
  > Please correct me if I'm wrong. I thought Web Update would update
> dabo based on revision number. When I click on the Web Update
> "Check Now" button to see if there are any updates, it tells me
> there are no updates available, yet the latest commit (based on
> dabo-dev) is ~3720.
>
> Is there a problem with Web Update, or do I need to get the
> latest updates via subversion? A single button click sure seems a
> lot easier.

  >> Ed Leafe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  >> You're almost correct. One of the problems with using the latest
>> Subversion release (besides requiring that Subversion be installed)
>> is that some changes may be committed that have not been fully tested
>> yet. If you were to update to those revisions, chances are you could
>> start getting errors that previously didn't exist in your apps.
  >>
  >> So what we do is once a set of changes has been sufficiently tested
>> so that we feel that the chance of causing problems is fairly small,
>> that revision is marked as the current Web Update revision. This way,
>> updating is not only fast and easy, but safe.
  >> -- Ed Leafe
>> -- http://leafe.com
>> -- http://dabodev.com

OK, thanks, Ed.

  Just reviewed an earlier post by Paul that said you guys were going to try
and get point releases out every 4-5 weeks.  Are you still on schedule for 8.3
in that regard?

  Also, I vaguely recall seeing a post that if I _did_ update with subversion,
that Web Update would no longer work? or am I confused.

  Thanks again.

  Kind regards.

  Ruben Baumann

multipart/alternative